Running Route 2019
How much is the registration fee?
£20 Registration Fee, this will be charged to the charity of your choice and not to you. It is then up to the charity to charge an entry fee from you and set a fundraising target, if they wish to do so.If you are running for the East London Mosque, the registration fee is £20 per person.
How does it work?
The Muslim Charity run will be at one of the established routes of Victoria Park, E3 5TB. Participants must arrive at the park by 10.30am. The race will start at 11am. You will be sent your fun run race numbers and t-shirts prior to the event. Please bring your race numbers and t-shirts along as a confirmation. Please note that placing will be based on ‘start horn’. So if you are ‘in it to win it’, aim to get to the front for the start of the fun run by arriving early.
Please take care when running around the course as this is public park and local residents will be out and about. Always stay on the left unless otherwise guided. There will be stewards around the course to provide help – and to cheer you on!
After the event
All participants will receive our custom made medals at the end of the fun run. You are advised to keep your own race timing.You can then join your supporters and fellow runners in the marquee after the run, we will present prizes to the fastest runners from each age category. Drinks, snacks and toilets will be available. No bag storage will be available, please try to travel light!
The Muslim Charity Run will take place on Sunday 22nd September 2019 at 10:30am.
This run will take place in Tower Hamlets’ Victoria Park, London, E9 5HT famous for its heritage, sports facilities, lake, walkways, & events.
It may be a hot summer’s day, so please ensure
You are hydrated
Wear a good pair of trainers
Have a pair of sunglasses
Avoid sunburn by using lotion/cream
You agree that:
- You must be able to finish the race within 2 hours.
- Runners must complete on foot.
- You participate entirely at your own risk.
- The East London Mosque Trust (ELMT), its sponsors and suppliers, including local authorities and facilitating agencies will not be liable for any loss/damage, illness or injury whatsoever directly or indirectly, occasioned by or resulting from the negligence, wrongful act or any other cause of the runner.
- The ELMT reserves the right at its absolute discretion to alter the date of the event or to change the published course as deemed necessary at any time and to alter without prior notice the contents of each race pack and event media partners.
- I also hereby give permission to pass my/our details to my chosen charity and to use my/our name, quotes, video footage and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. I also agree to the full Terms and Conditions as displayed on the event website
Getting to the Park
Victoria Park is well-served by bus routes and is within walking distance of Mile End underground station. Nearest rail station is Cambridge Heath/Hackney Wick station.
Postcode for electronic device users is E3 5TB, but note this is for guidance only as the park covers a large area.
Mile End (Central, District and Hammersmith and City lines – then catch the 277 or 425. 12 minute walk from the station to the park
Nearest train station is Cambridge Heath/Hackney Wick station, 14 minute walk from the station
By Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
Bow Church is the closest DLR station, 19 minute walk from the station to the park.
8 – Bow, Tottenham Court Road, 277 – Highbury Corner, Leamouth, 339 – Leytonstone, Shadwell, 388 – Blackfriars, 425 – Clapton, Stratford, D6 Cambridge Heath, Crossharbour
Limited parking is available within the park so please check your travel arrangements and ensure you arrive with plenty of time to spare.